Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Heart Burlap

Burlap is one of the most fabulous, textured textiles out there, in my opinion. It can be used in so many different applications and offers, not only a great textural presence, but a great dose of charm and rough and toughness.

I have been drawn to this fabric for years, and even though my style and preferences have evolved, my love for this timeless textile has never dwindled.


{via Pretties and Posies}

A lovely idea from the great Melanie at Pretties and Posies. I almost want
to pull out the sewing machine and make one for myself. I can imagine it
tucked atop my sofa table with a collection of rolled up vintage maps.



{source unknown}

A lovely organization board with nail head detailing--makes me want to run out and gather the supplies to make this right now.


{via Freckles Chick}

More burlap inspiration to love..


{via Simply Chic Slipcovers}

Lovely, shabby and perfect.

{via Lettered Cottage}

What a thought--drapes made out of burlap--a project that even I could tackle. The drapes wouldn't even require hemming, and a the major plus, burlap is such an economical textile.


{via Passionate Home}

Love the timeless Louis chair with the rough look of burlap.


{via Funky Junk}



{via Unique Unique Design}

{via Naigaranvoice}

Draping Burlap Nightstand--another great idea.

1 comment:

Leo said...

I love burlap too. I really would love to have a burlap bulletin board. All of a sudden, I am seeing it in all the catalogs and magazines.