- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- Grilled chicken method: Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken, cook over medium-high heat 12 to 15 minutes, or until light brown and juices run clear. Add the water and bring to a boil. Add the rice, cover and remove form the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the salad dressing.
- Fried Chicken Method: Dip chicken into buttermilk then roll them in the flour mixture. Fry for 3 minutes each side in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) skillet with 1 cup of oil in it. Combine the fried chicken strips and the cooked rice pilaf. Stir in the salad dressing.
- Fill each warm tortilla with lettuce, chicken and rice mixture, and tomatoes. Fold in both sides of the wrap. Holding in the folded sides roll the wrap tightly from the bottom to the top, keeping the ingredients firmly packed as you go. Slice each wrap in half diagonally and serve.
- 2 pounds Roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Place the tomato halves, cut side up, on a baking tray with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees F (195 degrees C) for 1 hour.
- Snip the ends off the garlic cloves, and squeeze the insides into the bowl of a food processor along with the entire contents of the baking tray. Add stock, basil, and vinegar; blend until smooth. Season to taste. Serve either hot or cold.
Dessert: Easy Frozen Ice Cream Sandwiches
Top the table with a fresh bouquet of flowers